Soluble phosphorus provides a quick crop response.
Benefits of Use:
- Transformation of sugars and starches into phospholipids
- Improve nutrient movement within the plant and transfer of genetic characteristics from one generation to the next
- Responsible for electron transport in photosynthesis
Deficiency Symptoms—When to Apply:
- It is best to identify nutrient imbalances with a sap test.
- Purpling of the stems/leaves indicates that the plant doesn’t have adequate phosphorus supply to convert and metabolize all sugars produced during photosynthesis. The plant will begin converting sugars in the plant to anthocyanin.
- Effectively treats phosphorus deficiency symptoms.
- No risk of phytotoxicity if applied according to directions. It is best to apply to foliage after 5 pm to avoid applying at the peak of photosynthesis.
- Should not be combined with calcium or magnesium in a mixing tank.